jeudi 22 mars 2012

Lamont Peterson: Mayweather is #1 pound-for-pound


By Chris Williams: IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson makes it clear that he feels that undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the number #1 fighter in all of boxing and the #1 pound-for-pound fighter above guys like Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez.

Peterson told esnewsreporting.com “In my eyes, Floyd is the pound-for-pound king…I’d love to fight him out of respect. He’s the pound-for-pound king, and something I want to be.”

I can’t disagree with Peterson. He should know how good Mayweather is, as he’s sparred with him in the past in their l sparring session. Peterson really gave Mayweather a good test during sparring and wasn’t completely dominated the floy usually dominates his sparring partners.

Peterson picks floy to beat WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto in their april 23 fight, saying “Floyd wins the fight. I think it’s a decision. I don’t see Mayweather hurting him, because Markez  knows how to handle himself in the ring.”

With that I disagree. I see Mayweather cutting Cotto up and getting a stoppage. He may not hurt him but he’ll likely puff Cotto’s face up enough to the point where he’ll get a cut stoppage victory.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review